If you are interested in undertaking your postgraduate studies abroad, then you are at the right place. To study Masters’s in Australia is not only powered by the spirit of adventure or love of traveling abroad, but also by the non-stop urge to gain new experiences, make new associations, and learn new things. It is said that if you wish to gain an outstanding foreign experience, you can’t do anything better than study Masters’s in Australia.
In this article, you will find a detailed overview of the best degrees and courses to study for Masters in Australia under the Australian university system. This includes a guide to the top reasons for international students to study Masters in Australia and the best Australian Masters degrees for both domestic and international students. As an international Masters’s student, you will have the chance to experience the things that make Australia exquisitely unique and one of the world’s popular study destinations along with being an equally amazing tourist destination.
Top reasons to Study Masters in Australia
- Well-reputed throughout the world – There are 8 Australian universities where you can study Masters’s in Australia that are among the world’s top 150 institutes teaching post-secondary courses. These eight universities reflect the country’s academic excellence and reputation at the biggest and highly anticipated academic league tables in the world.
- International outlook – Australia is home to more than 500,000 overseas students. So, this huge flock of students can’t be wrong with their decision to study for Masters’s in Australia. The Australian institutions must be doing something right in order to gain that kind of student response and a huge number of incoming students each year.
- Enjoyable climate and fine quality of life – If you are planning to study Master’s in Australia, then congratulations! Australia is luckily a country with year-round sunshine. The country enjoys its status as one of the world’s safest countries for international students and the most financially, politically, and socially stable country.
- Postgraduate Research opportunities – What’s the use of being home to great geography full of oceans and beaches, or to be famous for being a surfer’s paradise, when one can’t practice research on your great land. The good news is, if you want to study Master’s in Australia, the country offers unmatched potential for environmental and scientific research within its geography. After all, do you know any other countries that give marine biology students the opportunity to explore and research the Great Barrier Reef?
- Internationally recognized degree programs – The tertiary postgraduate degree program in Australia are modeled on the British education system. So if you study Master’s in Australia, your degree will be well-respected throughout the world.
Types of Degrees to Study Masters in Australia
You can study Master’s in Australia under a variety of different degree types. Some courses are automatically built upon the previous undergraduate study, while others provide advanced training to boost your career opportunities, and also provide the opportunity to switch to a new degree altogether.
- Traditional Masters
Traditional Master’s degrees are one of the best options to study Masters’s in Australia. These are academic courses in Australia that offer the chance to study a specific subject in depth. These degrees are similar to equivalent degrees in the UK, awarding degrees qualifications like the Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Science (MSc). These courses are mainly taught and also include research as part of their curricula, mostly culminating in a final dissertation or research project.
- ‘Change of direction’ Masters
The change of direction degrees is also one of the pathways to studying Masters in Australia, designed for students who wish to switch their academic subject fields or gain extra knowledge and expertise of a new discipline. They often start by teaching the basics of the core principles of the new subject you choose, before moving on to the advanced training of that specialism.
- Graduate Entry Professional Qualifications
These degrees are for such candidates who have fully completed their undergraduate degrees and are wanting to study Master’s in Australia and qualify professionally in that career. For instance, if one wishes to become a teacher, they could either Study Masters’s in Australia or study a Graduate Diploma in Teaching to add professional training and specialized academic knowledge of that subject to their CVs. As an international student in Australia, the skills and experience gained in that field will help your CV stand out back in your home country.
- Professional Development Masters
To Study Master’s in Australia, another option that exists is the Professional Development Masters degree, which is also designed for candidates looking to augment their careers through additional skills, knowledge, and practical training. For example, if you are an experienced teacher looking forward to gaining education management skills, or if you are a qualified marketing expert and are looking forward to acquiring digital marketing skills, you can opt to choose this pathway to Study Master’s in Australia. Unlike graduate-entry professional Masters, the Professional Development Masters degree programs usually do require both previous qualifications and experience.
Which Subject Should You Choose to Study Masters in Australia?
It doesn’t matter what you decide to study, you will always happen to find your ideal course program to study Master’s in Australia’s best university. For a postgraduate degree in Australia, you can specialize in a grand variety of subject areas ranging from Natural Sciences to Social and Medical Sciences. Some of the most popular options to study Masters in Australia include:
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Nursing
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Accounting
- Masters in Environmental Sciences