Getting admission in mbbs in pakistan can be quite the hassle for students who do not know the proper steps and specific requirements for applying towards public and private colleges for their MBBS degree program.
Students who wish to apply towards their desired public and private medical college have to undergo certain steps and procedure in order to be eligible for getting admission in MBBS. Admissions for MBBS degree program are all done under strict merit rules without any leniency.
MBBS Admission Process
UHS or “The University of Health Sciences” Lahore currently has all the rights for caring out uhs admission 2021 for MBBS among public and private sector colleges and universities. Students who wish to apply towards their MBBS degree program will have to wait for the admission announcement that is expected to start in August every year and also displayed at UHS official website.
MBBS Admission Requirements
Students who are applying for mbbs in pakistan are required to fulfill certain criteria and requirements concerning their application for concerned MBBS degree program in public and private universities.
- Applicant student must have passed their HSSC or FSC (Pre- Medical) exam attaining at least 60% marks.
- Applicant students must have passed the MDCAT test.
- Foreign student applicants must pass MDCAT test or provide their SAT II score which must not be less than 550/800 (mathematics, chemistry, physics and biology) or MCAT score which must not be less than 498/528 which are valid for the last two years.
- Applicant student must provide domicile certificate for admission application.
- Applicant student must provide four recent pass port size photos.
- Applicant student must obtain at least 82% or above aggregate marks as directed by PMDC guidelines.
- Applicant student must submit their attested education documents and submit their admission forms and application in the respective medical universities online or by hand in the college or university branches.
- Applicant student who are applying under disable student seats for their MBBS degree program must provide
- Applicant student must submit and apply their university admission application form in their respective branches.
MBBS Admission Test (MDCAT)
Student who wish to apply for their MBBS degree program are required to take their MDCAT or Medical and Dental colleges admission test required for qualification towards the requirements set by PM&DC.
MBBS Admission Special Seats
Students who wish to gain uhs mbbs admission 2021 must pass the mandatory MDCAT test in order to be eligible for applying for MBBS degree program among public and private medical colleges of Punjab under disabled, reciprocal, reserved seats or open merit.
MBBS Admission Process
Students also have to wait for their HSSC results announcement by all educational boards of Punjab that takes place in October every year in order to be considered eligible for their MBBS program.
Candidates will have to pass the required admission test (MDCAT) requirements set by MP&DC in order to be eligible for the MBBS program with the required merit aggregate score as required by the concerned university or college. Candidates have to provide all required documents while applying for their admission application according to the demands of the medical college.
Merit lists will be displayed by the respective universities and if the concerned MBBS candidates are found eligible they will be called for interview. Students then must pay their respective admission fee and dues demanded by their respective University or college.
MBBS Merit Criteria
Students who have applied for the admission in MBBS degree program and have passed their MDCAT admission test, their merit criteria will be calculated as follows under PM&DC guidelines
- Matriculation /SSC = 10%
- Sc (premedical or equivalent) /HSSC = 40%
- SAT II/ MCAT/ Admission test = 50%
MBBS Admission Criteria On Open Merit Seats
Candidate who wish to apply for their MBBS degree program on open merit must provide
- Domicile of Punjab District
- Pass Admission test
- Have an aggregate score or percentage not less than demanded by respective Medical college or University.
MBBS Admission Criteria For Reserved Seats For Disabled Persons
Student applicants who are applying for admission in public or private universities among Punjab will have to provide
- Punjab domicile
- HSSC or F.SC result card having 60% minimum marks (aggregate marks do not apply)
- Government certified disability certificate
Medical board consisting of physical, visual and hearing disability committee will oversee candidates MBBS program eligibility and application. Certified Medical board will make final decision regarding candidate’s admission
MBBS Admission Criteria For Under Developed Areas
Student applicants who belong to backwards areas or district of Punjab can apply for their MBBS admission by submitting
- Original education certificates verified by concerned college or DC of district
- Domicile of the concerned district
- Candidates must have completed studies in their respective district
- Candidates can apply for open merit seats if they pass the eligibility requirements
- Candidates can avail one seat only
MBBS Admission Form Submission Procedure
Candidates who wish to apply for uhs mbbs admission 2021 must make sure to
- Submit one form for admission for MBBS degree program
- Submit admission form by hand
- Submit required educational documents as mentioned in prospects along with admission form.
MBBS Admission Selection Of Candidates
Student will be chosen for MBBS degree program on behalf of their
- Availability of the desired seat
- Student competency
- Provincial admission committee decision.
Selected students will be sent call letters by their respective colleges for required interview. The provincial admission committee has the right to refuse any candidate based on their judgment with regard to MBBS candidate poor performance or unsuitability for being good doctor.
Selected candidates may be called upon by the university officials for interview in the respected colleges and universities. They may be rejected based on their interview performance. Students must focus and work hard day and night in order to be considered worthy for admission for mbbs in pakistan.