Ashwagandha roots are one of the most famous herbs in Ayurveda that works on the principle of natural healing. For thousands of years, Ashwagandha has been used to cure several diseases. But women are fond of these herbs because Ashwagandha is known to enhance beauty. Yes, the wonders it can do on your skin and hair are pretty unbelievable. Learn how it works on your hair and skin.
Ashwagandha roots for hair
- Ashwagandha roots possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, which can boost the health of your scalp. Ashwagandha roots are converted into a powder that is a rich source of flavonoids. It also contains fatty acids, potassium, glucose, nitrate, and tannins. Tyrosine is an amino acid present in Ashwagandha roots that boosts the production of melanin and also protects the loss of melanin from your hair.
- Another benefit of ashwagandha root powder is that it has also been noted to reduce postpartum hair loss. You can spot this ingredient in many shampoos that claim to improve your scalp’s health by increasing circulation and also making your hair stronger. The enhanced production of sebum in your scalp encourages healthy hair growth. So, you can look out for hair products that contain ashwagandha roots if you want to gain any benefits. However, if you are not sure what brands are actually putting in these products, there are other ways too to consume the benefits of Ashwagandha for your hair. These include some DIYs mentioned below.
- Drink it up: Yes, taking ashwagandha roots orally will provide you the same benefits as it would have provided by applying different products. So, you can either brew tea for yourself using this amazing ingredient or use the best ashwagandha powder Australia in your beverages. But before you do, make sure that you do research about the ingredients that can not be clubbed with Ashwagandha.
- Applying: You don’t always need store-bought products to apply this magical herb to your hair and scalp. Whip up a paste out of ashwagandha roots powder and warm water and apply it directly to your hair and scalp. Simply create small sections of your hair and keep applying the paste in these creases. After you have covered the whole area, gently massage your scalp with your fingertips. Now, cover your head with a towel and let it sit for about 30 to 45 minutes. Rinse off your hair well.
- Added oil: Another smart way to make sure that your shampoo actually contains Ashwagandha is by adding it yourself. Add a few drops of oil or powder to your regular shampoo. It will help you take care of the irritated and inflamed scalp and provide you relief.
The benefit of ashwagandha roots for skin
Ashwagandha is a magical herb that promises a beautiful glow on the skin and strong nails. As already mentioned, Ashwagandha root contains high levels of antioxidants; thus, it can fight the signs of aging like dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes. The herb also contains alkaloids that take action on the nervous system and ease stress and anxiety, which again have a direct impact on the health of your skin.
Now, you know how you can enhance your skin and hair naturally with ashwagandha roots extract.